Energy Efficiency and Building Modernization Project Management and Implementation
Vert Energy Group has extensive experience with energy efficiency and construction management and can assist your organization seamlessly implement building and equipment upgrades by serving as Owner’s Technical Representation (OTR). We have the ability to implement and manage energy projects nationwide through our in-house staff and strategic alliances with some of the world’s largest Energy Service Companies (ESCO). Generally this role will include:
- Preparing a “request for proposal” (RFP) package to issue to qualified vendors and contractors.
- Identifying and procuring applicable rebates and incentives.
- Procuring project financing through specialty energy-financing programs, private investors or other applicable government programs.
- Overseeing and managing contractors, vendors and installers on behalf of your organization as OTR.
Energy Efficiency Project Implementation Phases
Phase 1: Develop Project
Vert Energy Group will work with your organization to develop the project based on ownership’s investment criteria and other goals. This role will typically consist of the following:
- Review the proposed energy efficiency measures with ownership then create short and long term implementation strategies.
- Perform additional technical due-diligence, planning and design as required to confirm savings estimates.
- Identify qualified vendors, contractors and subcontractor relevant to the proposed project.
- Provide engineering peer reviews, design assistance and other applicable collaborative design and quality control tasks.
- Support construction budgeting efforts.
- Provide technical opinions to ownership as requested.
- Identify Utility Company, State and Federal energy efficiency rebate opportunities.
- Identify financing options, such as PACE Financing, PPAs, On-Bill Financing, Third-Party Investors.
Phase 2: Create Timeline (Gantt Chart)
One the project is developed Vert Energy Group will outline the steps involved in the process and create a chart of the implementation timeline.
Phase 3: Bid Selection, Analysis and Negotiation
Vert Energy Group will prepare technical scopes of work for applicable measures and then send a Request for Proposal (RFP) qualified vendors and contractors. We can review, analyze and negotiate price on behalf of your organization with our 3-Stage Bid Selection.
- Obtain original bids and itemize charges for a clear comparison of all proposals.
- Request revisions and a price reduction when necessary.
- Review second proposals and further negotiate on price.
Vert Energy Group will then present the proposals and recommendation to ownership for selection. Ultimately, this process is designed to save your organization time and money by allowing us to negotiate and respond directly to vendor Requests for Information (RFI).
Phase 4: Project Management and Implementation
On behalf of your organization, Vert Energy Group will coordinate the efforts of all vendors and contractors to ensure proper implementation and your staff’s time commitments to the project. Our role will typically consist of the following:
- Attend regular construction progress and coordination meetings.
- Prepare and maintain project progress reports.
- Review contractor submittals, shop drawings and prepare comments.
- Respond to contractor Requests for Information (RFI)
- Observe system installation, testing and commissioning.
- Perform final inspections and facilitate project closeout.
Phase 5: Incentive Procurement
Vert Energy Group will identify and help capture applicable rebates and incentives with the following steps:
- Determine which energy efficiency measures are eligible for a “Prescribed Rebate” and others that are categorized as “Custom Rebates”.
- Perform an extensive analysis of each Custom Rebate to determine the full dollar amount eligible.
- Create a proposal that includes each Prescribed and Custom Rebate’s calculation and description.
- Submit all required documentation to the rebate administrators.
- Regular follow up with the utility to check on the status of the application, answer questions, and give explanations to their engineers about the custom incentive calculation.
- Obtain approval of the incentives and assist in obtaining the check from the utility.