How to Post your Building Energy Efficiency Rating
Reminder: Post by October 31, 2020 to avoid a $1,250 penalty
Instructions to Print
- Go To: www.nyc.gov/dobnow
- Enter your Borough, Block & Lot # in the “Get your Building Energy Efficiency Rating” box:
- Enter Owner Information
- Check acknowledgment box and submit
- Print PDF
Instructions to Post
Print and display the label in a conspicuous location near each public entrance within 30 days after October 1 of every year:
- The Building Energy Efficiency Rating label is designed to be accessible to all building owners and require minimal cost to comply. A printed 8.5” x 11” paper label is acceptable.
- Framing/laminating the label is suggested, but not required, as long as all information included in the label is clearly visible for the entire year.
- The label may be printed in color (recommended) or in grey scale.
- Once printed, the label must be displayed either externally or internally in a conspicuous location near each public entrance so it is visible to the public.
- The label must be displayed at a vertical height no less than four feet and no more than six feet from the ground or floor.
- The label must not be defaced, marred, camouflaged or hidden from public view.
- The label must be replaced every year with the latest issued version and must be displayed year-round.
Visit DOB’s Benchmarking and Energy Efficiency Grading page at www.nyc.gov/NYCbenchmarking for further details.
The Grading System
Grades based on your building’s ENERGY STAR Benchmark Score as follows:
- A – score is equal to or greater than 85;
- B – score is equal to or greater than 70 but less than 85;
- C – score is equal to or greater than 55 but less than 70;
- D – score is less than 55;
- F – for buildings that didn’t submit required benchmarking information;
- N – for buildings exempted from benchmarking or not covered by the Energy Star program.